March 10, 2012

Art & Alzheimer's

Art and Alzheimer's link
By Stephanie Kramer 
1/18/2012



The first installment in a tramaus series by the Urban Times team and GV Art is on the connection between art and Alzheimer's disease. The artist, William Utermohlen, was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 1995 but continued his art. As the disease slowly eroded his mind he adapted his style and technique to the growing limitations of his perception and motor skills. An interview was conducted with his wife Patricia Utermohlen and the interview can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. I love coming to this blog to see what you're posting, Megan. The progression (or is that regression, meant in the best possible way?) of William Utermohlen's art is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :] Thanks Grant! Yeah, I found this particular post really fascinating (well, who am I kidding, I find all my posts fascinating). It's good to know that there's someone following my blog other than me!

    ReplyDelete